Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Teh Funny


"Fire Bad!"

Okay, I know Howie Kurtz's journalistic neutrality is suspect, to say the least, but I still enjoy his column for all the tidbits he excerpts and links to. Yesterday, he linked to this little gem from internets gazillionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban:

This week on the ESPN.com Page 2 column, Eric Neel decided to do a parody of what a David Stern blog might contain. No question that it was a fun premise. Unfortunately, part of his article suggested that the readers come over to blogmaverick.com and post the comment “nice hair” on every post.

And they did.

I spent hours deleting posts from the idiots that took what he wrote literally. Great threads were pushed aside and filled with this spam.

Collateral damage and just the cost of writing a blog? Sure. Avoidable, yes. Especially from a major media organization like ESPN.

I'm speechless and appalled. All I can say is, "Nice hair!"

5 comments:

V said...

What's wrong with his hair? Let's get some perspective here. When you consider that the man's ENTIRE EFFING HEAD looks like Frankenstein, I think his hair is the least of his worries...

Eli said...

I did try to find a more emblematic picture of the hair; it really is uncannily bad.

AB said...

Great threads were pushed aside? I dunno . . .

The Heretik said...

Fire. Me no like fire. Nice hair.

Eli said...

Yeah, I can't imagine Cuban's threads being much better than his hair...