Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday Softball Blogging

Doubleheader today! Was pretty crap in the first game, popping stuff up all over the place, which is not like me - I'm the guy who swings at pitches over my head and still manages to pound them into the dirt. We won both games though, so it's all good.

I resorted to going back to my funky pigeon-toed stance with the leg-kick, and that seemed to get me back into a ground-ball/line-drive groove, thankfully. 6-12 with a double, 5 runs, and 2 RBI overall. Not a whole lot of action in the outfield- one catch, and a few more I couldn't quite get to. Threw the ball better than usual, but didn't actually throw anyone out...

Current stats: 6 games, .459 BA (17-37), 3 2B, 9 runs, 9 RBI.


Softball and politics! And beer!Posted by Hello

Anyone who wants to play softball at EschaCon, please head over there and RSVP. Be sure to let us know what equipment you can bring along (bats, gloves, balls, etc.).

7 comments:

oldwhitelady said...

Hey, that's a good picture. You won even though you were drinking beer? I hope no-one knocked over their beer. Good show.

I'm still debating whether I want to or not. I did look into how much the flight tickets would be. I'm working on trying to pay the Mcard so I can put the tickets and car rental on that.

I was thinking of landing in Baltimore, MD, then driving to Philadelphia. My car-pool rider told me it would be worth it, monetarily.

Eli said...

Nah, no beer for me. Strictly water, followed by my traditional postgame Dr Pepper.

I have no travel recommendations, but I do hope you can make it.

AB said...

I'm still hoping to make Eschacon, depends on when work can let me out of my box. :)

watertiger said...

completely OT, Eli, but these came across the transom on an old email account:

Banisters J. Hostages
Omnibus S. Knee

Thought you should know.

Eli said...

You must use your Jedi powers to think yourself *outside* the box, des.

*wave hand mysteriously*

"This is not the overtime you're looking for."


It's just not fair. Tigre gets *all* the cool spammer names. Hell, I don't hardly get any spam at all now, except, like, Christian dating and Christian debt help. We'll just forget that I'm a financially solvent Jewgnostic with a girlfriend, hmm?

The Heretik said...

I can only play virtually! Damn!

oldwhitelady said...

I don't hardly get any spam at all now, except, like, Christian dating and Christian debt help.

I've been getting those, too. I wonder where they got my email address?